Saturday, February 26, 2011

News Update

So since there's not really anything going on next week (if there is let me know about it and I'll post it up here) I thought I would make a post about things I've noticed around town and just general news.

1st thing- What happened to all the basement shows and house shows around Detroit? It seems all the winter ones that used to happen, disappeared. Am I wrong? Is there stuff that's only being flier-ed within it's own community? Or did this winter suck for house shows? I think it did. Maybe everyone got too cold and didn't want to constantly open their doors to drunk people in Detroit whilst having bands keep them up late. Just my thoughts. Anyways, House Shows should be an all year round thing in my opinion.

2nd thing- Paczki Day is coming up. I don't care if you're not Polish. This is Poland's or at least Hamtramck's excuse to get fat. So in our case The Metro Detroit Area's duty to be a fatty for one day. Screw your Diet Cokes and Salads come March 8th you shovel Paczki's/beer/and Polish food into your mouth like a champion.

3rd thing- The Dirtbombs new album Party Store is sold out in literally every record store I've been to lately. To me this is bad, because if you're a 1st printed kind of person(like I am) you can kiss that goodbye. Apparently Dearborn Music had it there a couple weeks ago but only on cd. To me, it's not even a matter of buying the vinyl. It's more a matter of checking it out. Seeing that sexy 12 inch art up in my grill. I can't complain though, this is a very good thing for the band. Love the record. Check it out if you haven't yet!

4th thing- Upcoming shows

March 12-Magic Stick Lounge-5bux-18+
The Johnny ILL Band/ The Gay Blades/Kommie Kilpatrick

March 19th-Magic Stick Lounge-8bux-18+
Jacuzzi Boys/The Sugarcoats/Bad Indians

April 1st-Lager House (more details to come!)
The Hentchmen & Maximum Wage

Friday, April 1st at 8PM -Mocad-8bux
Gate/Michael Morley (Dead C)(newzealand) w/ Blank Dogs(nyc), Dark Red(detroit) & Mountains(NYC)

Sat Apr 2 at the Neutral Zone
(more details to come!)
Lightning Bolt /Wolf Eyes